The Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (commonly known as FBISE) is a Government of Pakistan board for examining the intermediate and secondary education in Pakistan and abroad for Pakistan International School. It is authorized with financial and administrative authority to organize, manage, regulate, develop and control intermediate and secondary education in general and accomplish examinations in the institutions affiliated with it.
Examinations conducted by the Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE) are known to be fair and transparent. The education ministry is taking steps in order to improve the quality of other educational boards in Pakistan at par with FBISE
The federal board of intermediate and secondary education was established under the FBISE Act 1975. It is an autonomous body of working under the Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training.SSC and HSSC Annual Examinations 2020 were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The result of the SSC Annual Examination 2020 was announced on 20 July 2020 based on candidates’ previous performance. The top three position holders scored 1097, 1096 and 1095 marks respectively out of a total of 1100. These are the record-highest marks since the foundation of FBISE in 1975.
The Jurisdiction of the Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Islamabad consists of the following:
- Cantonments and Garrisons across Pakistan
- Gilgit Baltistan
- Federally Administered Tribal Areas
- Pakistan International Schools outside Pakistan
- Fbise(Faisalabad Board Intermediate Secondary Education)
- Affiliate institutions imparting SSC and HSSC education within Pakistan and abroad
- Prescribe courses of instructions for SSC and HSSC
- Ensure provision of requisite facilities in the affiliated institutions
- Hold exams, appoint examiners and supervisory staff
- Institute measures to promote physical well being of students
The FBISE board held the following exams both across Pakistan and also abroad for overseas Pakistanis:
• Secondary School Certificate (SSC)
Secondary School Certificate is further divided into Secondary School Certificate Part-I (SSC-I) and Secondary School Certificate Part-II (SSC-II). SSC-I and SSC-II are often associated with Grade 9 and Grade 10th students.
• Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC)
Higher Secondary School Certificate is further divided into Higher Secondary School Certificate Part-I (HSSC-I), and Higher Secondary School Certificate Part-II (HSSC-II). HSSC-I and HSSC-II are often associated with Grade 11 and Grade 12th students.
For more informative content visit our Blog beingfind.com